Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Get To Know Our New Intern Megan!








1. What fashion trends and tastes would you say are unique to the fashionistas of Saint Mary’s College?
That is a great question. Since Saint Mary’s is a diverse community, we all bring something unique to campus. However, the most common trends I see are... leggings with riding boots are a huge trend on campus.  High waisted shorts/skirts with a crop top is a popular outfit I see, especially on the weekends. Since it's football season and Notre Dame is right across the street, I know the girls will be representing Notre Dame! Scarves are another HUGE trend on campus, they are so easy to add to any outfit, and they are so versatile


2. What’s one trend you’ll always rock and what’s a trend you wish would go away forever?
One trend I will always rock is: maxi dresses and skinny jeans. I love both.  Also, white anything. I love the color white. 


One trend that I wish would go away forever – uhm, this is hard! Probably the boho look? I don’t know, some people can pull it off, but others look like hobo’s!


3. Of course we have to know, who is your celebrity crush?
NICK JONAS. Been crushing on him since I was in the 7th grade when the came to the Morris Performing Arts Center. Then again when I met him senior year at another concert. I almost died from happiness. I mean who can’t fall in love with a man that looks like that in a suit? He's probably one of the best dressed celebrities I have ever seen. 



4. Describe your personal style or aesthetic in three words. 
Girly,  pink, classy.

5. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
I have been on this strawberry ice cream kick recently. So strawberry or chocolate, not super exciting. 

6. Why did you want to intern for Flourish Boutique?
I have been a fan of Flourish for about three years now. When Flourish moved right down the street from my house, I had to check it out. It was love at first sight. Dresses and cute tops became a necessity in my closet when before it was just jeans and tees. I became obsessed with the boutique style of clothing after that. Since then, I have discovered how much I enjoy fashion. I love helping people pick out and outfit to wear for the evening, or give advice! Over the summer I became really interested in event planning. Since Flourish puts on a few fashion shows a year, I knew it would be good exposure for my interest. I’m really excited I get to help out with a show coming up in November. I’m excited Flourish is giving me this opportunity and I can’t wait to see what this internship brings!

No comments: