Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Meet The Intern!



Hello Flourish Lovers! My name is Emily Stone and I am the current intern for Flourish Boutique & Gallery. I am going to be a junior at Purdue University, where I am studying Public Relations and Rhetorical Advocacy. I am an active member of and Vice President of Philanthropy for Pi Beta Phi, IN Delta Chapter. I am the Editor in Chief of the Purdue Odyssey, which is a Greek Life publication that cycles weekly, and I also work at David’s Bridal part time. Pile on some schoolwork and I’m always super busy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Fashion is my absolute passion and is the only industry I can picture myself working in. After graduation I plan to work for a PR company that deals primarily with clientele in the fashion industry. My dream would be to do so in Chicago or New York. I don’t know EXACTLY what I want do, but as long as I’m working within this industry I’ll be happy.
Interning at Flourish has taught me SO much. I’ve learned how to work more on social media and how the Boutique markets through these outlets. I’ve helped Vanessa with photo shoots and other staff members with various things around the store. I also helped plan and create the Birthday Party Celebration and Fashion Show that took place on June 20th. Helping plan the fashion show and seeing it all come together was one of the most exciting experiences I’ve ever had.

My Style Board

I’ve constructed a little style board full of my favorite things. As far as my personal style goes, I definitely lean toward the grungier “hipster” look, even though I hate both of those words. I’m constantly shopping at Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Nasty Gal, ASOS, and other vendors alike. I wear a lot of black, and love items with gold hardware or detailing on them. I love shopping at Flourish because we offer so many trendy tops in the classic colors that I love to wear. I have a large collection of gold and bronze jewelry, which I pair with pretty much everything. You’ll see me wearing a lot of arrows, and I even have one tattooed on the back of my neck, as the arrow is the symbol for my sorority and I think they are cute. Rachel Zoe is my idol, and Karl Lagerfeld and Alexander McQueen are two of my all-time favorite designers. The Devil Wears Prada is my favorite movie and I would kill to own a pair of Louboutins...

 

While Vanessa Was Away…

Vanessa took a WELL DESERVED vacation over the holiday, and while she was away I was responsible for styling the photo shoot we had on July 2nd. Putting outfits together is one of my favorite things to do, and I think my style came through a little in the shoot. I had a great time with all the models and loved how the pictures turned out!

No comments: