Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Get To Know Our New Intern Kassidy!



Q: What made you want to become an intern for Flourish?
A: I’ve always adored the stylish pieces and accessories I find at Flourish. They seem to have anything I need, be it a flirty dress for a date or a patterned cardigan I can layer with more basic pieces.  I jumped on the opportunity to become an intern as a way to get into the women's fashion industry and see how a small business runs firsthand. I plan to major in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing in college next year, and so far, Flourish has been a perfect fit!

Q: What fashion trends do you see amongst the girls at Penn High School?
A: Right now, the focus is on being cute yet comfy (despite this crazy-cold weather!). The most popular look right now is leggings with an oversized sweater. It's an effortless was to stay fashionable, even when running late in the mornings. Don't forget the riding boots and coffee in hand to top it off. ;)

Q: What fashion trends are you loving, and which would you rather have left in 2013?
A: I love how scarves have become such a staple this past season. Big, knitted, infinity scarves are great for keeping warm-- while smaller, cotton ones are the perfect accessory to top off an outfit.  A trend I'd like to forget would be the short skirt + UGG boots combination. Either it's warm enough for the skirt, or cold enough for the UGGs, not both!

Q: Describe your style in three words.
A: Flirty, sparkly, and sophisticated.

Q: What items do you always have in your purse?
A: My phone, debit card, and lipstick. All a girl needs!

Q: What do you like to do for fun?
A: Lately my friends and I have started organizing "fancy dinners". We pick a random night, get all dolled up (maybe take some pictures), and go out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. The looks we get are pretty entertaining, especially when there's 6 of us in formal attire on a random Thursday night. But hey, who says you need a reason to dress up?

Q: What's your favorite food?
A: Definitely pasta! I could eat pasta for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.


Q: What's the best part about interning at Flourish?

A: The people I work with are so sweet and helpful. If I ever have a question, they're right there to help. That being said, getting a first glimpse at the new arrivals and playing dress up is pretty fun too! Check out the pictures below!


black and brown necklace


how to take a good selfie
  
 how to style patterned leggings






No comments: