Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Get To Know Our New Intern Haley!



Q: What fashion trends and tastes would you say are unique to the fashionistas of the University of Notre Dame?

A: Despite all the snow and negative temperatures outside, Notre Dame students still try to keep their style through it all (even if it does involve an extra pair of earmuffs or a second pair of socks these days). We're very into duck boots with all the slush around on the sidewalks, and when it's not as wet outside we prefer to take out a pair of tall leather boots or short combat boots. Dark colored pants, black leggings, and patterned leggings have all been popular this season, as well as sweaters (both over-sized and fitted), turtle necks, and cardigans over solid colored long-sleeves. Heavy circle scarves do the trick when it comes to completing most winter ensembles, and the tall sock look with boots is both trendy and warm, which Notre Dame girls appreciate. 

Q:What's one trend you'll always rock and what's a trend you wish would go away forever?

A: Whether I'm going to class or just to the dining hall for dinner, I never leave home without a hair bow. Bows are my favorite accessory because they match everything, they can give an outfit a whole new twist, and they're functional in keeping hair out of your face. I make all my own bows, and my friends will vouch for me when I say I own over 30. I'll never give them up!
I'm not a fan of overalls. I've seen some people try to bring them back but they just still haunts me of the early 90's. While I don't like the jean-overall look though, I do like rompers! There's a happy compromise.

Q: Who is your style icon and why?

A: I like to see what Emma Watson or Taylor Swift is wearing. Both celebrities are trendy, confident, and not over-the-top, which is the style I prefer. 

taylor swift's styleemma watson street style

Q: Describe your personal style or aesthetic in three words:

A: Comfortable, Trendy, Preferably-Pink 
Q: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

A: Neapolitan- the flavor that is chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla all in one. 
Q: Why did you want to intern for Flourish Boutique?

A: I've always loved shopping at Flourish Boutique. Being from Granger, Indiana, I came here to find specifically dresses for just about any event when I was in high school. Once I got to college I continued to rave about the boutique to all of my out-of-state friends and was thrilled when I was able to apply to intern here! I've been interested in retail and clothing since I decided to major in marketing, and interning at Flourish is a perfect opportunity for me to explore an area I'm passionate about while being in a store I truly admire. The social media side of the boutique is incredibly interesting to learn about, and I would be lying if I said I didn't love getting to try on tons of Flourish clothing! Below are some selfies I've taken in the store!

ootd style blog

free people white top

how to style a chevron skirt

how to style a kimono


No comments: